The Northam Chamber of Commerce (NCC) has approximately 150 members from both within the Shire of Northam and also those based outside of the Shire but operating within the Avon Valley.
It also includes the very proactive group of women business owners known as the Northam Women in Business. See more information on them here
The benefits to you as a member of the Northam Chamber of Commerce (NCC) and Northam Women in Business (NWIB) include:
- Networking opportunities at our monthly business after hours (1 NWIB, 1 NCC)
- Promotion via our Facebook pages with tagging of your business to relevant activities and business opportunities;
- Referrals and business synergy throughout our membership network and activities;
- Free in-house training on various topics;
- Opportunity to host a Chamber Business after hours (BAH) or NWIB networking meeting;
- Invitation to attend free or heavily discounted events hosted by the NCC;
- Opportunity to promote your business services; and
- As a member of the NCC you also receive membership of the CCIWA and all the resources its offers to its members in matters of HR / legal requirements and advice.
For more information about Membership please check out the Membership tab.
ABOUT OUR SHIRE
Northam is a Shire steeped in history, less than 60 minutes drive from Midland on the Great Eastern Highway. The town of Northam is situated on the banks of the Avon and Mortlock Rivers and set among rolling hills, bush and farmlands. As a regional centre, Northam has services, amenities, schools and training organisations, employment and business opportunities found only in a few other inland places in WA. It is small enough to have a strong sense of community and to enjoy the kind of lifestyle traditionally associated with country living.
There is an inclusive sporting and cultural life in the Shire and surrounding districts including all major sports, theatre and the arts. There are two race tracks for those who enjoy horse racing and a speedway. Walking, cycling and horse riding are well provided for in the local area. The climate is Mediterranean with hot dry summers and cool wet winters and plenty of sunshine all year round.
The other smaller centres in the Shire of Northam are Bakers Hill, Clackline and Wundowie – all of which are growing and and offer scope for residential and business development. For more information about the Shire of Northam please click through to their website HERE